Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Zeebee Hat

What do you think...to "matchy, matchy"??

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Started: October 5, 2007
Finished: October 6, 2007
Pattern: Zeebee hat
Yarn: Jo sharp silkroad tweed dk 1 ball (2 balls for the set)
Gauge: 20sts 40 rows/4 inches using US#6 needles (the great thing about this pattern is you can use any yarn and any gauge...it generates the pattern for you!)
adjustments: None. the next hat I will make longer. Because I decided to go with a 2" negative ease...I didn't take into account that it would shrink up in length as it stretched to fit.
It JUST fits. I would prefer another inch I think.
What a great pattern. It is great for handspuns or varigated yarns as well.
I seem to be rekindling my love for tweed lately.
Fingerless mitts info found here.

Here is a view from the top.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And speaking of tweed...we were speaking of it, right?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I gave in to the yarn diet...it was 1/2 off...how could one resist?
(please ignore the box of tissue...the sun was putting a glare on the camera window...and hey, I have a cold.)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hardly too anything -- just a bit put together and very nice. They also look easy enough to copy for gifts, etc. A great success, seems to me.

bellamoden said...

I love it! They look great together.

Mary said...

Lovely. I really like them together and I'm not usually one for matching sets. They really light up your eyes!

Anonymous said...

Lovin' the look.
What a super holiday gift set they would make.

Natalie B said...

only too matchy matchy if you strike that pose while you're waiting in the checkout line. otherwise, super cute! that's a nice soft blue

Anonymous said...

You know what? I´m really glad you´re back :-)

Xia Diaz said...

I don't think it's too matchy. I think it's very nice and I like the color a lot.

Anonymous said...

I think they look great! Love that pattern, simple and classic!

E to the M said...

I love it and they're not too match matchy at all.
A couple of questions. What size needles? How many balls did you need for the hat?
I love the Silk Road. I'm currently using it to make the Central Park Hoodie.

Unknown said...

No, perfect! Love it!
What pattern for the mitts?